WHAT IS COVERED
- Tour of our manufacturing facilities and discussion of the current gallery exhibition;
- Discussion of basic materials and formulas used in encaustic;
- Discussion of safety procedures;
- Preparation of supports and grounds;
- Digital presentation of historical and contemporary work in encaustic;
- Demontrations on tools and techniques for fusing, transparencies and glazes, layering and scraping/scribing, building up of texture, line and edge, collage, assemblage, casting, carving, and working 3-Dimensionally, monotype, image transfer, combining oil and encaustic, dipping, and much more...
WHAT IS INCLUDED
The use of all paints and equipment is included in the cost of the classes. Meals: R&F provides bagels and coffee the first day of the workshop. A catered vegetarian lunch is provided each day of the class. If you have any allergies or specific issues, please contact us in advance of the class.